Smart Schools Plus, Tempe, AZ 09/18 – 5/19
Aaron Lending, LLC Phoenix, AZ 2/17 – 4/19
Providing exceptional mortgage loan services through tremendous industry experience, a deep knowledge of federal regulations and a thorough understanding of the overall loan process. A strong focus on establishing amazing customer relationships to ensure a smooth, seamless loan process and loan closing. We want to make our borrowers customers for life.
Pearson, Chandler, Az 11/09-11/16
DIRECTOR, COURSEWARE DEVELOPMENT
Drive content and curriculum development for Pearson’s K-12 solutions, including SuccessMaker, NovaNET / GradPoint and Zeos (inactive), focusing on improved student outcomes through use of data. Hired to cut costs and speed up development in order to keep up with the market while maintaining headcount (~35) and product quality.
Reduced development costs 75% and development timeframes 50%:
- Spearheaded the transition from constantly writing new content to using existing Pearson content.
- Worked collaboratively with software developers to build a comprehensive template library.
- Implemented Alfresco content management software to support and streamline content management practices and to better manage risk.
Expanded sales opportunities by adjusting to new and changing markets driving $22M in revenue:
- Drove development of a new course authoring tool to migrate from Flash-based development to HTML-based development, accommodating a more mobile market.
- Gathered / evaluated data on course usage and student performance from Google analytics and learning management systems, enabling continuous quality improvements.
Maximized employee performance and job satisfaction by implementing twice-yearly collaborative calibration sessions resulting in staff retention rate of 90+%:
- Promoted clear expectations, transparency and collaboration; identified and addressed negative trends sooner and more effectively.
- Helped build relationships with HR and unit managers to ensure consistency for cross-utilized staff and maintain alignment with company goals.
Insight Enterprises, Inc., Tempe, AZ 9/06 – 11/09
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN MANAGER
Revitalized enterprise systems training strategies, delivering cost-effective solutions to support Insight’s goal to be global leader in IT services. Oversaw creation / implementation of training for more than 1,200 sales and client solutions staff on new sales and services processes.
- Provided more than 17,000 hours of end-user training — on time and 52% under budget — in support of the mySAP 5.0 upgrade.
- Integrated blended-learning solutions incorporating Instructor Led Training (ILT) with elements of eLearning and virtual training.
- Crafted train-the-trainer strategy for Insight Superuser community, client support organizations and back-office functions including FI/CO and Logistics.
- Identified and leveraged business-unit experts, assisting supervisors in improving workflow streams, efficiency and true cost reductions.
- Facilitated table discussions in support of change management related to system upgrade for sales team.
- Overhauled / delivered sales training, revamping the sales approach to a service focus and providing appropriate messaging and slide deck for all products / applications.
- Built consensus with sales teams initially resistant to change, giving individuals more confidence and skill as sales progressively improved.
Thomson NETg, Scottsdale, AZ 5/00 – 9/06
MANAGER, PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Designed and developed successful custom web-based training courses, including support materials and assessments, by galvanizing product development teams and efficiently managing day-to-day operations. Led development of more than a dozen Microsoft, Sun and CISCO certification courses.
- Managed production of 2,000+ hours of web-based training courses which delivered between $1.7M and $2.3M in revenue per quarter.
- Introduced company’s first-ever offshore development of Sun Microsystems and Lotus Notes interactive courses to significantly drive down costs while maintaining quality.
- Completed 56 web-based offerings in a 10-month period, well exceeding expectations.
- Promoted from Courseware Developer and Lead Courseware Developer.
Pearson Learning, LLC, Scottsdale, AZ 7/96 – 5/99
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN MANAGER
Directed the design and production of national interactive educational broadcasts, eLearning events and educational videos that aligned with national and state educational standards — marketing directly to school districts; Title I funded.
- Developed and delivered 2,000+ hours of live television and video-based presentations per quarter, receiving positive feedback from both teachers and students.
- Implemented the 1996 EMG Networks Presidential Vote (mimicking the national presidential election) involving more than 25,000 students nationwide, far exceeding projections.
- Helped students understand the process of electing officials and the power of the vote.
- Created instructional materials outlining candidates and issues.
East Valley Middle School, Mesa, AZ Prior
8TH GRADE TEACHER
Taught emotionally and socially challenged 8th-grade students in a self-contained classroom, establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and growth by creating / adapting lessons to each student’s needs and integrating active exploration and creative activities.
- Wrote and individualized school curriculum to achieve performance objectives.